For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”), the data controller is The Burford Laundry of Tannery Yard, Witney Street, Burford, Oxfordshire, OX18 4DW, United Kingdom.
Information we may collect from you
This website utilises web analytics captured by passive collection. It does not collect any personally identifiable information (PII) that you do not voluntarily enter in this website. The sole purpose of passively collecting this information is to improve your overall experience. It is automatically collected, whilst navigating through and interacting with the site.
Information collected includes user mouse activity, browser and device specific log data:
- Your device’s IP address (collected and stored in an anonymised format)
- Device screen size
- Device type (unique device identifiers) and browser information
- Geographic location (country only)
- Preferred language used to display the webpage
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- information that you provide by filling in forms on our site www.theburfordlaundry.co.uk (the “Site”). This includes information provided at the time of registering to use the Site, subscribing to our newsletter, posting material or requesting further services, completing any surveys or reporting any problem with the Site;
- records of your correspondence (if any) with us;
- details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data and the resources that you access;
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
Cookies help us identify your device, performance of typical actions on this website or when you are logged in to specific secure zones. We use strictly necessary and functional cookies to enable you to move around the site and to provide basic features. Tracking and performance cookies are used to provide a better overall user experience. Below are the type of cookies present on our website:
1. Third Party/Embedded Content
Sites hosted on WordPress.com make use of different third party applications and services to enhance the experience of website visitors. These include social media platforms such as Facebook and Twitter (through the use of sharing buttons), or embedded content from Youtube and Vimeo. As a result, cookies may be set by these third parties, and used by them to track your online activity. We have no direct control over the information that is collected by these cookies.
2. User Sites
In addition to the cookies set on our own sites, we utilize cookies for our Site Stats feature. This tallies the unique numbers of visitors to a site, as well as the number from specific geographic locations. A visitor is counted when we see a user or browser for the first time in a given period.
3. Tracking and other optional cookies
We use performance and tracking cookies internally to enable us to provide you with a better user experience. Information supplied by these cookies helps us understand how our visitors behave on this website, track unique visitors or time spent on the site, and on different web pages so that we can improve how we present content to you.
Third Party Cookies
We also link to third party websites such as Twitter, YouTube and Facebook. We’re pretty sure that they use the same kind of cookies but as these sites are not controlled by us, we can not guarantee the cookies that they are using and suggest that you read their privacy policies to be absolutely sure.
We really hope that this is ok, but if you are really unhappy with cookies being used, the best way round this is to turn it off in your browser settings so that they are not used on any website. To do this, you can go to your privacy settings in either Tools or Options depending on your browser.
Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of the Site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will use our best endeavours to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the Site and any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- to ensure that content from the Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so; and
- to notify you about changes to our service.
We may also use your data to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you. We will not provide your data to third party advertisers or suppliers. We may use third party service providers to help us operate our business and the Site or administer activities on our behalf, such as sending out newsletter or surveys. We may share your information with those third parties for those limited purposes.
If you do not want us to use your data in this way, please notify us using our “Contact Us” form.
If you have opted in to our mailing list and wish at any time to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email or you may unsubscribe via our “Contact Us” form.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- if The Burford Laundry or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers and users of the Site will be one of the transferred assets;
- or to protect the rights, property, or safety of us, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing at any time by contacting us using our “Contact Us” form.
The Site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.